The Leadership Certificate
in Combating Antisemitism
Jewish leaders need to be equipped to respond to antisemitic incidents with strength, skill, and expertise. To be effective, they need training.
The Leadership Certificate in Combating Antisemitism is a new program for the executives of Jewish organizations. It was launched to fill this critical need.
We are accepting applications from professionals in leadership positions in North American Jewish organizations of all types, including social justice, social services, synagogues, advocacy, education, community relations, philanthropy, campus engagement, and interreligious partnerships.
Participants who complete this program will gain:
- Broad knowledge of historical and current manifestations of antisemitism
- A network of institutional leaders who can leverage each other’s talents, resources, relationships, and support
- Skills in community engagement, risk assessment, and strategic philanthropy
- Confidence in crisis communications and critical conversations
- Insight into views of antisemitism outside the Jewish community to build interreligious bonds and cross-community alliances
- An overview of the landscape of antisemitism and social media
- A project or initiative developed for their own organization
Memorial in front of the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh.
The program was exciting, insightful, and powerful.
CEO, Hamilton Jewish Federation
- Real-time online training (two hours/week for eleven weeks)
- Seminar at Spertus Institute’s downtown Chicago campus
- One-on-one faculty advising on a project important in your own community
- Courses combine theory and practice
- Course content includes case studies and experiential learning
Program Dates for Cohort 3
The program consists of 11 online sessions (all held on Mondays from 6 to 8 PM CT) plus a five-day in-person seminar at Spertus Institute’s downtown Chicago campus.
Online Sessions Block 1 (6-8 PM CT)
Monday, July 29, 2024
Monday, August 5, 2024
Monday, August 12, 2024
Monday, August 19, 2024
Monday, August 26, 2024
On-Site In-Person Seminar
Sunday, September 15, 2024 through Thursday, September 19, 2024
Online Sessions Block 2 (6-8 PM CT)
Monday, October 7, 2024
Monday, October 14, 2024
Monday, October 21, 2024
Monday, October 28, 2024
Monday, November 4, 2024
Online Program-Culminating Session
Monday, January 27, 2025
The program provided me with tools and language to more effectively communicate with my community about the ways in which we are addressing antisemitism. I met outstanding colleagues who can serve as thought partners in our work.
Jewish Federation of Greater Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor, MI
The total cost of the program is $1,500 which includes tuition, lodging, and meals during seminar hours. Travel to Chicago is not included. This cost is substantially underwritten — from a total cost of $6,500 — due to special funding secured for this important program.
Make an appointment to talk to Amie Barrish, Assistant Director for Recruitment, to find out if the Leadership Certificate in Combating Antisemitism is right for you.
Ready to apply?
March 15, 2024 — Preferred Admission Deadline ($50 application fee waived)
May 15, 2024 — Final Application Deadline